Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mother's Day & Father's Day w/Paisely Petals

Hello, and Happy Saturday to all.  It has been awhile since I posted.  Between my new job and my Mom's illness, life is kind of crazy busy right now.  I am thankful for my creative time as it is a real stress reliever for me and I am anxious for my club ladies to arrive today.  I am ready to see them and have some stamping fun!

I love, love, LOVE the new Paisley Petals DSP that will be available in the new catalog in July.  Demonstrators and customers were able to pre-purchase some in March and April.  And, my April club used it in making a lovely set of cards and folder, which you can see HERE. 

In March, my Long Distance Swappers group theme was Mother's Day, and this paper is perfect for anything feminine.  In addition to the paper, I used the yummy Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon - this is the greatest ribbon to work with, so soft and smooth, it works great with the "ruching" technique.  This card was very simple to put together, using the beautiful paper, the seam binding ribbon, the Scalloped Border Punch to add a little interest.  The greeting was stamped and punched out with the Wide Oval Punch and then mounted on on of the tags from Lots of Tags sizzlet die set.  I use this set of sizzlets more than anything else - love them.


For April, our swap them was Father's Day, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with how this card turned out.  Masculine cards seem to always be hard to make, and for the life of me, although I LOVE this DSP, I couldn't figure out what to do with that print that looks like amoebas.  But, I decided to give it a shot for background paper on a Father's Day card, thinking at least using large pieces like that would use it up quickly.  The base of the card is Tangerine Tango, with the amoeba paper layered onto that.  A strip of Tangerine Tango was paper pierced and sponged and laid across that.  I used the Circles # 2 die to cut out the circle from Sahara Sand, then ran that through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder.  The greeting panel was stamped from the Four Frames set which we were also able to pre-order in April and punched with the Decorative Label Punch.  Then the ever so versatile Teeny Tiny Wishes provided the sentiment - punched with the Word Window Punch then layered on top of the Decorative Label.  Additional Decorative Label Punches were punched from Old Olive and Tangerine Tango, sponged and layered behind the main greeting panel.  I used the Buttons #5 Sizzlet die to cut buttons out of Old Olive cardstock, tied linen thread through the buttonholes and then adhered with a dimensional in the lower right corner of the greeting panel.  A gold brad was added to the right of the greeting panel for just a little something extra.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy these cards.

 

0 comments: