Wednesday, April 27, 2011

BIRDS!

I was so swamped with life, that I was unable to post our March club projects.  Considering that I have already posted April's, it seemed time to go back and address those from March.  March's club hostess wanted to see cards done with the bird and owl punches that were fairly gender neutral.  For this owl card I "sort of" used a sketch challenge to get the layout - "sort of" means I modified it a bit and I am sorry I can't remember which challenge it was now.  I used the Newsprint DSP, Basic Black, Real Red and Whisper White - a simple knot of the ribbon on the front gives it a little something, but not something too "girly".

There are lots of examples floating around out there on the Internet using the Inspired by Nature grass stamp and the retired horizontal slot punch to make cattails.  Combined with the bird punch, a simple layout and Chocolate Chip, Kraft and Very Vanilla - you have a nice gender-neutral card.  We used the Designer Label punch, the 1 1/4" and the 1" Circle punches to layer up the sentiment panel.  Sponging the edges of the bird and the wing really give it that little extra dimension it needs.  This was a super easy and quick card and one that could be replicated in multiples which could then be used for a number of different ocassions by switching out the greetings.

For this little owl card, I wanted to use my Woodgrain background stamp which I ordered some time ago and yet had somehow never gotten it out to use it.  The Kraft Panel was stamped with the Woodgrain background stamp in Chocolate Chip.  The hole in the tree was punched with the 11/4" Circle Punch, and a Scalloped Circle frame was placed around the outside of it.  A Whisper White panel was placed inside, and the blue behind the punched owl peeking out of the hole in the tree was sponged in Marina Mist.  The greeting, punched out with the Modern Label punch was, is from Teeny Tiny Wishes - love that set!

Thanks so much for stopping by and come again soon!


0 comments: