Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Paisley Petals Card Portfolio and Cards


Stampin Up! will be featuring this new Paisley Petals designer paper in the new Idea Book & Catalog due out in July.  As a special during April only, customers who ordered at least $20 in merchandise also had the opportunity to pre-purchase this great paper as well as a new stamp set - Four Frames - that will also be available in the new catalog in July.  April's club hostess wanted to make card sets that could be given as gifts, and use the Paisley Petals paper, so this card portfolio w/4 cards fit the bill. 

Now, having been called away to Texas to be with my Mom for some medical issues, and returning home just the night before club, I had NO time to prepare, so when I saw the card portfolio and cards  on Lisa Freeman's blog HERE - I knew I had my folder as well as two of the card designs - one thing I so love about the stamping community is the way most everyone shares so freely - and I would like to thank Lisa for sharing so many wonderful ideas on her blog - if not for her share on this - I would have been lost for my April club project. 


This stunning butterfly card designed by Lisa also uses the Big Butterfly Sizzix Die, the larger of the two butterflies were also run through the BigShot to give it some additional texture.








Lisa's flower card used the scalloped circles to make the flowers, since I had the new Fun Flowers Bigz die, I used it instead.  The antique brad in the middle gives it just the right touch.






The following other two cards were also composites of sketch challenges, various projects seen and of course, this wonderful paper. 










Thanks for stopping by - come back soon!


0 comments: