Sunday, June 12, 2011

Patriotic Card - making do with what you have...

So life is still terribly busy, but I am trying to create and post as much as I can.  These days, I truly need the creative time to wind-down and step away from everything else for awhile.  Thank goodness for the monthly SWAP group I belong to, otherwise, I might go even longer without creating.  Our SWAP theme for May was a 4th of July card - we try to work a couple of months ahead on our themes.  My challenge was that I don't own any current 4th of July or otherwise "patriotic" stamps.  I saw a layout similar to the basic layout of this card on one of the many sketch challenges out there, and knew that with the small star punch, the built-in color combination of the Nautical Expeditions DSP available right now in the Summer Mini catalog, and the Baker's Twine also available in the Summer Mini, that I could pull off a "patriotic" card.  I think it turned out pretty well for a "make-do" card.

Supplies used:
Stamps:  Fabulous Phrases
Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
DSP:  Nautical Expeditions
Ink:  Not Quite Navy
Other:  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Word Window Punch, Small Star Punch, 1/4" non-SU circle punch, distressing tool and Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (the stars are embossed with polka dots).

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon!





2 comments:

Debbie Martin said...

I love it. I might have to make a similar card this year since I didn't buy any sets.
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Deb Hoekstra said...

Hi Becky - Love your card...know that life has been busy for you...have missed you at our meetings. Just popped in to say "hi"